Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Is this the time for blogs again?

A report had said that facebook has been loosing millions of its members recently. The main reason that the existing facebook account holders are deleting their accounts could be due to 'facebook fatigue'. Nowadays every youngsters including me have the habbit of logging in facebook at first even before checking their mails or other necessaries. This frequent use of facebook might have created fatigue among users. Even me, thinking of deleting my facebook acccount as I feel that I am spending too much time in facebook. I have seen my friend deleting their facebook account simply due to the reason that they did not like that. But within few days after deleting, they were back again with a new account. Such is the power of facebook that it grabs users from all over world.

Facebook has been a leading social networking site since it was launched in 2004. Eventhough there is only increasing number of facebook members, recent reports are saying that the increase rate has reduced, and also raises a doubt whether it is due to fatigue. But having said about my friend, if fatigue is the only reason, then it is not going to bother Zuckerberg more, since there is possibility that the lost members may join Facebook again after sometime. But there can also be another reason..perhaps funny.. why dont the decrease rate be due to unavailablity of eligible people(excluding newly born child) across the world..? What I see among the people in my society is that the apetite for facebook is only increasing among people such that my uncle who is above 40 years of age is looking to create a facebook account.! And also my friends who were deleting their account due to facebook fatigue were not in facebook wilderness for long. They joined again.

So, whatever the reason may be, if the reason is due to the fatigue, then its going to be a lucrative business for blogging websites and blog advertisement providing websites as the other way of sharing informations is through blog. Blog, which was a popular way to share informations earlier has the right chance of coming back.

But having said all these I also have to admit the Facebook's response which I saw only after I typed this post. Facebook has completely denied that it is losing its users. They said that they are infact pleased with the performance of Facebook over the years.
You can see the complete news about Facebook denial by clicking here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13760244 . Please do read that news to know about their response.

2 comments:

Gifts-To-India.com said...

At Gifts-To-India.com you will have a bit tough time. Do not panic, because we have so many collections that you will wonder which one to pick and which one to leave.

Vinraya Oar said...

Really nice post on Dhivyan! I have come across a really useful platform which provides Engineering Scholarship Exam in India. They also provide Medical Scholarship Exam in India.